Good news for local charities as the government's discretionary business support scheme opens for applications today, 1 June.Good news for local charities as the government's discretionary business support scheme opens for applications today. You can apply from 1 June - 28 June*.
*Apply as soon as possible as grant may close early due to high demand
Small and micro businesses and local charities who have not already received Covid-19 grant assistance, can demonstrate the impact of the pandemic on their business, and who have relatively high ongoing fixed property costs will be eligible.
Your business or charity can apply for a grant if:
- it has not received any other coronavirus funding
- it was trading on the 11 March 2020
- it has less than 50 employees
- it occupies all or part of a non-domestic property
- the property has a rateable value of less than £51,000, or your annual rent or mortgage payments are less than £51,000
- it has yearly fixed property costs of £8,000 or more
- it is expecting to lose 25% of revenue between March and September 2020 due to coronavirus
How much you can apply for:
You can apply for a grant to cover 50% of your fixed property costs between 11 March 2020 and 11 September 2020.
The most that anyone will be given is £10,000, the least is £2,000.
How to Apply:
You need to apply using the following online formhttps://leedsforms.evolutive.co.uk/FormPreApp3.aspx?m=1
To be successful you will need to:
- meet the eligibility criteria
- provide evidence of your fixed property costs
- provide evidence of your expected lost revenue