8 June 2020
Comic Relief Seeks BAME Led Intermediary Partners to distribute emergency funding to fund organisations supporting BAME Communities – deadline midnight 8th June.
Organisations with the ability, expertise, networks and knowledge to distribute emergency funding quickly to a diverse range of locally rooted BAME led and focused organisations across the UK have until 8 June to submit their application for funding.In response to the impact of coronavirus/COVID-19 on underserved and/or minoritized communities across the UK, Comic Relief has announced a new one-off funding opportunity as part of its efforts to fund and reach more organisations supporting the UK’s BAME communities.
Comic Relief would like to partner with BAME led organisations who:
- Reach grassroots organisations with a good geographical spread throughout the nation.
- Are committed to community-led development.
- Have a participatory approach and put people with lived experience at the heart of programme design and decision-making.
- Have a strong learning culture and clear monitoring and reporting processes.
- Share Comic Relief’s core values in terms of inclusion and diversity.
- Have robust governance systems and policies in place, ie, safeguarding and have the capacity to manage funding and make grants on behalf of Comic Relief.
- Can support Comic Relief in gathering and telling compelling and innovative stories of change.