Comic Relief Seeks LGBTQ+ Led Intermediary Partners to distribute emergency funding in response to impact of Covid-19 to LGBTQ+ communities. Deadline midnight 8th June.
Organisations with the ability, expertise, networks and knowledge to distribute emergency funding quickly to a diverse range of local grassroots organisations across the UK have until 8 June to submit their application for funding.
In response to the impact of coronavirus/COVID-19 on underserved and/or minoritized communities across the UK, Comic Relief has announced a new one-off funding opportunity as part of its efforts to fund and reach more organisations supporting the UK’s LGBTQ+ communities.
Comic Relief would like to partner with LGBTQ+ led organisations who:
- Reach grassroots organisations with a good geographical spread throughout the nation.
- Are committed to community-led development.
- Have a participatory approach and put people with lived experience at the heart of programme design and decision-making.
- Have a learning culture and clear plans for understanding and reporting on delivery and impact.
- Share Comic Relief’s core values in terms of inclusion and diversity.
- Have robust governance systems and policies in place, ie, safeguarding and have the capacity to manage funding and make grants on behalf of Comic Relief.
- Can support Comic Relief in gathering and telling compelling and innovative stories of change.
The funder is open to working with more than one partner to maximise the reach and impact of the funding (£650,000 has been ring-fenced for this opportunity).Full details, the application form and contact details are available on Comic Relief’s website: https://www.comicrelief.com/intermediary-funding-lgbtq-led-partner-opportunity .
The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday, 8 June 2020.