10 June 2020
Business guidance and grants (£500 - £15,000) to help organisations and individuals develop socially enterprising ideas which support people in Leeds with care and support needs.The Ideas that Change Lives Fund has two levels of investment, Kick Start (£500-£4000) and Development (£4001-£15,000), for applicants who want to test an idea for a service/activity that supports Adult Social Care customers maintain their independence/enhances their quality of life, or for applicants who have tested the idea, found it works and is now ready to deliver.
Community groups, charities, social enterprises or other charitable organisations from the third sector can apply. Individuals in the final stages of setting up a constituted group or adopting a more formal legal structure (Community Interest Company, Charitable Incorporated Organisation, etc.) can apply for Kick Start Investment only but they must set up the organisation formally as a result of any grant offered
The fund want to support ideas which made a real impact with:
- Older people
- People with a learning disability, physical disability or sensory impairment
- People with mental health needs
- People with alcohol or substance use issues
- People with long term health conditions
- Young people with support needs in transition between children’s and adult services
- Alternatives to traditional day care and support services
- Brokerage, supporting people with care needs to manage their personal budget and/or access the services which meet their needs
- Health and well being promoting activities
- Employment related opportunities, and
- Any other activities that enable people in Leeds with care and support needs to remain independent.
Deadline: 20 August 2020 for all applications but anyone applying for Development funding must submit an Expression of Interest first, and the deadline for that is 20 July 2020. Any idea must be sustainable, either through charging for the service or by it being commissioned. Particularly welcome ideas that are being developed as a result of social distancing measures being imposed due to Covid-19 as well as applications that benefit Black and Minority Ethnic populations. Further information available at: