15 June 2020
In a series of films the local Syrian community discusses how their experiences of living through war has prepared them for living through lockdown in the UK.This week is Refugee Week. Colleagues in Communities have worked with the local Syrian community to produce 6 short films that discuss how their experiences of living through war prepared them for the experience of living under lockdown in the UK.
The films offer a unique perspective on living through Coronavirus and raise awareness of the plight of all refugees fleeing terror at home. The films will be shared on social media throughout the week.
Click on the links below to view each themed video.
- Coping with adversity and difficult periods in life
- Accessing food and necessities
- Educating children at home
- Protecting children physically and emotionally
- Being separated from friends and family
- Use of Technology to keep relationships up