Grants still available for charities as well as small businesses of £2,000 - £10,000 to cover fixed property costs lost due to covid-19, until end of 28th June.
Discretionary grants of £2,000 to £10,000 are still available until the end of 28th June. Grants are to accommodate certain small businesses previously outside the scope of the Business Small Grant Funds scheme and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants.
The fund is aimed at small businesses and charities with ongoing fixed property-related costs. It includes small charity properties that would meet the criteria for Small Business Rates Relief.
Leeds City Council have discretion to make payments of any amount under £10,000 (usually £2,000 - £10,000).
Your business or charity can apply for a grant to LCC if:
• it has not received any other coronavirus funding (e.g. government funding such as Small Business Rate Relief Fund or Retail, Hospitality or Leisure Grant Fund), rather than Covid-19 grants through trusts, lottery and other funders.
• it was trading on the 11 March 2020
• it has less than 50 employees
• it occupies all or part of a non-domestic property
• the property has a rateable value of less than £51,000, or your annual rent or mortgage payments are less than £51,000
• it has yearly fixed property costs of £8,000 or more
• it is expecting to lose 25% of revenue between March and September 2020 due to coronavirus.
You can apply for a grant to cover 50% of your fixed property costs between 11 March 2020 and 11 September 2020. Apply via a short application form at link below. Costs covered can include: rates, morgage payments, rent, utility bills, telephone, broadband etc which your group has to pay whilst your property has been closed and/or income generated has been lost due to Covid-19. Deadline is end of 28/6/20 https://www.leeds.gov.uk/coronavirus/apply-for-a-discretionary-grant