To support practitioners in their work with children, young people and families a range of new and updated early help materials have been developed.
The first of these is Right conversations, right people, right time – our early help approach and strategy in Leeds to responding to the needs of children and families in Leeds 2020 – 2023. This document builds on our existing early help guidance from 2016.
The approach and strategy document is housed in the revamped early help pages on the Leeds Safeguarding Children Partnership website. There is a wealth of information available including: ·
- An animation to bring to life what early help is and everyone’s role ·
- A poster that can be printed and displayed ·
- What the Early Help Hubs are ·
- How decisions are made to access some early help services ·
- New early help forms to aid practitioners with carrying out assessments, planning and requesting services.
- Information about early help workforce development opportunities
Having access to this information is important to all practitioners in the city. Partner agencies in Leeds for the first time have made a commitment – Early help is everybody’s business.
This is a commitment to providing the support that children, young people and their families need, as soon as they need it, when they need it and by the people who are best placed to help and having conversations where needed to enable this.
For further information see: www.leedsscp.org.uk/earlyhelp