23 July 2020
Grants up to £4K to grass roots community groups supporting vulnerable individuals, families and communities through Covid-19 and community led groups with "lived experience" to recover from Covid-19Comic Relief Covid-19 Community Grants are being made available in response to the pandemic to:
- support local grass roots organisations to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals, families and communities during the COVID-19 crisis and
- support local grass roots community led organisations with ‘lived in’ experience to recover and develop organisational resilience following the COVID-19 crisis.
Core organisational costs may be included in an application but funds are not available for applications to cover an organisation’s general running costs.
The fund will support projects which provide community benefit across one of Comic Reliefs 4 strategic themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: supporting children under 5 to reach potential and best start in life
- Fighting for gender justice: improving equality for women, girls and LBTQI+ community and initiatives around domestic violence, abuse or exploitation due to gender
- A Safe Place to Be: projects that support people rebuilding their lives due to homelessness or forced migration
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities, improve access to support & tackle stigma and discrimination.
Applications can be submitted any time – applications have been simplified and a response time will be within 6 weeks.
There is also a Capacity Building Fund for grass roots organisations with ‘lived’ experience to become more robust and better able to deliver projects and bring about lasting change as well as Project Delivery Grants of £4,000 not specifically related to Covid-19 but for the not-for-profit organisations to deliver projects related to the 4 themes. Not-for-profit organisations with and income of under £250,000 can apply to any of the 3 pots.
All pots are being administered through Groundwork - for details of all 3 pots go to https://www.groundwork.org.uk/apply-for-a-grant/national-grants/comic-relief-community-grants/