Grants of £500 to not-for-profit organisations supporting vulnerable groups as part of their emergency response to Covid-19 in local communities.
About the programmeTesco Bags of Help has responded to the current COVID-19 crisis by setting up a new fund to support local communities. In order respond quickly to the emergency they have created a streamlined application and payment process to make it easier to get funds out quickly. The programme will provide a single payment award of £500 to organisations who are supporting vulnerable groups, as part of their emergency response in supporting local communities. Typically, the fund will support organisations that have experienced;
- Increased demand – a holiday hunger club needs more resources to support children through the summer months or a food bank whose stocks are running low and needs an immediate donation to enable the food bank to restock.
- Disrupted services – a local charity setting up a delivery service to replace its monthly lunch club, or a charity needing to set up a telephone service to support beneficiaries.
- New services – a health focused charity having to set up a new online patient service requires new IT equipment or a mental health charity developing a new service.
Eligible organisationsApplications will be welcomed from a wide range of organisations including: voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, schools, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, community councils, local authorities and housing organisations. Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible. Businesses and ‘for profit’ organisations are not eligible. Typically welcome applications from organisations such as;
- Health focused charities – such as cancer, diabetes and heart charities
- Food banks
- Homeless charities
- Charities supporting the elderly or those needing to self-isolate
- Women’s refuges
- Charities supporting children and young people
You can still apply even if you have already received a Tesco Bags of Help grant but you can only apply for one Tesco Bags of Help Covid-19 Communities Fund Grant.
Details and application at https://tescobagsofhelp.org.uk/grant-schemes/tesco-cv-fund/: