24 July 2020
Important updates with regards to Community C-19 testing Leeds
National ‘Pillar 2’ testing (community testing) has a great deal of capacity for people with symptoms in Leeds, to get tested.
- Regional drive through sited at Temple Green
- Walk-to’ testing site at Lincoln Green which people can walk, cycle or motorbike to.
- Mobile Testing Unit run by the Army, these are adapted ‘white vans’ which can park up on any suitable site in the city. Identified sites inc Morley sports centre, Armley leisure centre and Elland Road. These are a regional asset and operate between 2/3 days every week. Leeds works in partnership with asset management to identify suitable geographical and equitable access for Leeds residents.
- Children can be tested at all the existing national routes facilitated by their care givers.
- All of the above are booked via https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or by calling119.
Local Testing Offer: As the above options are not suitable for everyone, Leeds have developed a Local Testing Offer through close partnership working between LCC, LTHT and the Third sector. This is primarily for symptomatic individuals who are unable to navigate their way through the national system due to language barriers, data concerns and the need for additional support to test. We have widened the offer to include asymptomatic testing for vulnerable people transferring from emergency accommodation into hostel and refuge care and for people with drug and alcohol issues accessing detox treatment. Tests are delivered to supporting organisations and collected by courier upon completion. These are self-tests C-19 kits and must be performed only by the service user and not the staff/volunteer.
Data provided when testing for C-19 Privacy info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-privacy-information/testing-for-coronavirus-privacy-information-quick-read#what-purposes-your-data-will-be-used-for Information provided and collected about individuals in relation to testing for COVID-19 will not be used for any purpose that is not linked to COVID-19.