Grants of £500 to £15,000 for your LGBTQ+ led group or organisation supporting LGBTQ+ communities through Covid-19 and beyond.
The LGBTQ+ COVID-19 Fund is funded by Comic Relief, and METRO is the lead intermediary partner distributing these funds to the sector. It's delivery will be supported by delivery partners, including Yorkshire MESMAC.
The Fund is for LGBTQ+ community-led organisations and groups to support their vital role in supporting LGBTQ+ communities through the coronavirus pandemic and beyond.
Applications are open to groups and organisations with an annual turnover under £100,000. Your group or organisation must also:
- Consist of 3 or more people
- Be led by LGBTQ+ staff or volunteers (if you are a group within a larger organisation, then the staff/volunteers leading on this proposed project should identify as LGBTQ+)
- Be not-for-profit
- Be committed to equality and dignity for all LGBTQ+ people, including trans people
- Awards will be between £500 - £15,000 (Award levels: micro up to £500 or £1,000, small up to £5,000, medium up to £10,000, and large up to £15,000)
- Each organisation/group can only apply for one grant, not multiple grants adding up to £15,000
- Funding must be used by July 2021
- Public sector organisations cannot apply for funding, nor can they hold any of the funding on behalf of other organisations
- Projects should address the impacts of COVID-19 on the sector
- Small grants will close on 22nd September 2020.
- Medium/Large grants applications will close on 30th September 2020.
- You must submit your completed application by email There are 2 seperate application forms (one for small grants and one for medium/large grants, but if you are applying for under £5,000, you may choose to submit a video application. If you choose to submit in this way, you will need to ensure that all questions in the application form are covered in your video. If there is another format you would like to use to present your proposal, please do get in contact with the fund.
METRO will do an initial sift of applications to sift out applications which have not been completed or are not eligible. The remaining applications will then be sent to the relevant regional Panel.Alongside assessing for quality, we are also aiming to ensure that, as far as possible, the whole geography of the UK and the intersections of the LGBTQ+ community are represented in the funding. This will guide the panels’ assessment process.n we get help with our application?
Further further information and access to guidelines and application forms go to: https://metrocharity.org.uk/LGBTQfundapply
Please contact the fund if you would like some support with your application. They are happy to support you, especially if you do not frequently engage with funding and grants processes. Either email email@example.com or call them at 020 8305 5000 and ask for the Community Domain. Or you can get support from your local CVS including Voluntary Action Leeds or local partner - Yorkshire MESMAC Please visit the website for more information.