Coalfields Recovery & Resilience Fund for Kippax/Methley & Rothwell
Voluntary Action Leeds
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust is dedicated to improving the quality of life for the 5.5 million people living in Britain’s former mining communities. Many of these communities still require support due to the huge impact the closure of the mines had upon them.
We are offering awards of up to £10,000 that can address local needs in coalfield communities.
Priority will be given to organisations that are delivering support services or have significantly adapted their services in order to respond to the current issues/challenges in their community and support vulnerable people.
The Coalfields Recovery & Resilience Fund has been created to support activities that tackle some of the current key challenges affecting coalfield communities. The fund is open to organisations that deliver in the top 30% most deprived coalfield communities and that will make a positive difference in addressing the issues/challenges in their communities. Applications must address the following themes:
Skills: Growing the skills of people in order to increase their opportunities
Employment: Developing pathways to increase the number of people in work
Health & Wellbeing: Supporting activities that improve the health and wellbeing of all age groups
Key application criteria:
- You will need to demonstrate how your organisation is addressing the current issues/challenges in your community and how additional funding will sustain, extend or help you to adapt service delivery
- If your application is successful, the project must be able to start immediately
- The funding must be used to deliver activities/services for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum 12.
Funding is awarded to organisations delivering activities/services in the top 30% most deprived former coalfield areas. In Leeds only Kippax and Methley and Rothwell areas are eligible.
Examples of the type of activities/services we would like to support are as follows (please note this list is not exhaustive):
- Organisations providing direct advice, guidance and support to people who are in crisis and/or experiencing financial hardship
- Organisations supporting people who are experiencing poor mental health
- Organisations supporting vulnerable people who are experiencing health inequalities, loneliness and/or social isolation
- Organisations supporting people experiencing domestic violence/sexual abuse
- Organisations supporting local community activity, including volunteering, and co-ordination of services
- April 2021 Committee – The Eligibility survey opens on 2 February 2021 and closes at 5pm on 12 March 2021. The deadline for applications is 26 March 2021 at 5pm.
- July 2021 Committee – Dates to be confirmed.
- October 2021 Committee – Dates to be confirmed.
Our offer is now open and all the information on registering an enquiry is on the following page: https://www.coalfields-regen.org.uk/england/ccip-funding-support/