Eventful year for Haqooq Aspire for More
Haqooq Aspire for More
Haqooq Aspire for More is a charity that supports people with learning disabilities and mental health needs and their carers.
They have had an eventful 2013, jam packed with lots of fun activities and new learning experiences for the users, staff and youth panel.
There have been innovative ways of learning:
- Giant hand painted ‘Family’ and ‘Me’ trees with real leaves
- Fashion sewing and design from the 1980s and 90s
- Giant Bollywood sets
- Bollywood posters from the 1980s
- Community old heritage sites
- Recorded oral history interviews conducted and undertaken by young carers
What’s happening in 2014?
They plan to do a lot more activities to explore their roots in 2014:
- Bollywood & Traditional Dancing
- Henna Painting – hand & candles
- Traditional Cooking Pakistani
- Indian and West Indian cooking
Whatever they do they are sure to have lots of fun and enjoy every minute.