Written by Kathy Faulks, Small Groups Development Worker at VAL in the name of 'Dick' a fictional trustee. Dick wants you to make suggestions for subjects that you would like him to blog about.Read more
Good planning can help organisations in lots of ways.
Planning can help you:
- Work out what you want to do (your goals)
- Work out if you can achieve what you want
- Think about how you are going to achieve what you want – prioritising
- Work out any extra support you might need
- Think about what you might do if some things don't work out
- Think about the changes you want to make in the future
- Plan to make changes successfully
Failing to plan is planning to fail...
A project plan is where you map out details of who, what and when for the delivery of a specific project or activity within your organisation. This is often done on a Gantt chart or Bar chart.