Effective performance management and staff development will help you to meet the aims and ambitions of the organisation.
Having a structured approach to identifying the development needs of individuals will ensure that your organisation succeeds and your clients are supported and benefit from your services.
How do you know that staff
- Really know and understand what you expect of them in their job roles
- Are in possession of the skills and knowledge which ensure that they can meet the organisation's expectations
- Feel adequately supported by the organisation so they are able and supported in meeting organisational exceptions
- Receive feedback on their performance
- Are encouraged and supported in contributing to individual, team and organisational objectives
And what happens when staff performances falls below expectations and how do you deal with it?
Training and development
How do you make sure that your organisation supports learning, and staff are encouraged and supported to benefit from training and development opportunities? Acquiring new knowledge, honing skills, learning new concepts, all enhance the performance of staff. Job roles change, organisations take on new work and new projects and it is good policy to make sure that their development needs are met
Have you thought of undertaking a Training Needs Analysis of your organisation and promoting learning across the whole organisation? It’s a very useful exercise and one which will help you deliver your services and achieve your outcomes more effectively.
Staff can learn new skills in a wide variety of contexts:
- Training –off the job and on the job
- Coaching – is increasingly important and used by many
- Mentoring –is also well used and can suit many individuals
And there is an increasing range of training techniques or methods:
- Traditional classroom/lecture style
- Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Web meetings
It’s about choosing the most appropriate methods of delivery for your organisation and staff.
Help with Performance Management and Training Development
A range of services provided by PERS (Pay & Employment Rights Service) are available to help your organisation with its Performance Management and Training Development. To find out more contact PERS.