The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
Young Lives Leeds supports the Third Sector to improve the lives of children, young people and families in Leeds.
Young Lives Leeds aims to give organisations the voice, information and advice they need to build better services. It offers access to opportunities for third sector organisations for their voice to be heard, to help shape policy and keep up to date with key developments within children’s services across the city. Young Lives Leeds has contact with over 500 subscribers who provide services for children, young people and their families in Leeds.
Young Lives Leeds offers access to:
- Support and development opportunities for your organisation
- Opportunities to be involved in discussion and planning at a strategic level
- Events and workshops
- Information through newsletters and bulletins
Vision, mission and purpose
- Vision: All third sector organisations in Leeds have the skills, resources, support and voice to enable children and young people to achieve their aspirations.
- Mission: To be the primary point of contact for all partners to engage both strategically and locally with the children, young people and families Third Sector.
- Purpose: To support Third Sector to improve the lives of children, young people and families in Leeds, by giving organisations the voice, information and advice they need to build better services.
Young Lives Leeds Forum meetings take place every six weeks. The meetings focus on Children's Trust Arrangements as a result of the Children's Trust Board (Children and Young People's Plan) and its sub-groups, the Local Safeguarding Children's Board, the Children and Families Scrutiny Board and updates from the school Clusters.
The meetings also provide feedback and updates from the representatives from the associated Boards and city-wide strategic themes such as: Child Poverty, Child Friendly Cities, Outcomes Based Accountabilities (OBA) and Restorative Practice. Links to other third sector developments and networks including those focusing on health initiatives, city-wide developments and Third Sector Leeds are included too.
If you would like to be a member of the Young Lives Leeds Forum, want more information or wish to attend a forum meeting please contact Ann Crossland, Forum Worker, on 0113 297 7920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Young Lives Leeds
The Young Lives Leeds team is based at the Voluntary Action Leeds (VAL) offices in Stringer House.
To get in touch with a member of the team please see details below:
- Forum Worker (full time): Ann Crossland, 0113 297 7920, email@example.com (Ann is the first point of contact for initial enquiries about Young Lives Leeds, if you would like to join, want more information or wish to attend the next meeting please contact Ann).
- Development Worker (part time): Richard Warrington, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engagement Worker (part time): Annette Morris, email@example.com
Young Lives Leeds Bulletin
Young Lives Leeds provides information relevant to third sector children and young people's services through a fortnightly bulletin to keep members in the loop about policy, training, funding and networking opportunities.
The bulletin includes: national and local strategic developments, policy focusing on children's services, opportunities to be involved in strategic workshops/discussions and any appropriate funding and training updates. It also includes relevant safeguarding training and workshop opportunities.
To join the Young Lives Leeds mailing list, send a request to Karen.Haines@Val.org.uk