Linking corporate volunteers with local groups and third sector organisations
What is ESV?
ESV provides a link between businesses and third sector organisations, so that community projects and charitable organisations can benefit from corporate volunteer support, and businesses can do something positive and give back to their community.
ESV volunteering can either be delivered as a Team Volunteering Day or a Skill Share.
A Team Volunteering Day consists of volunteers spending the day with a local organisation, typically helping with a variety of practical indoor or outdoor tasks.
Alternatively, volunteers can participate in a Skill Share, where an individual shares their professional skills with an organisation, to work on a specific project in areas such as, finance, HR or social media.
Benefits for everyone involved
Benefits to Volunteers (Employees)
- Development of competencies such as creative thinking and problem-solving
- Networking with new and existing teams
- Relationship building and team working skills development
- Increased understanding of social issues and the third sector in general
- Shared sense of achievement and the potential to leave a lasting legacy
- Getting to know colleagues outside of the office environment
- Increased understanding of the work of the host organisation
- Building relationships with local organisations and causes
- Opportunity to support host organisation in the future
- Demonstrate skills that staff may not be able to in the workplace
Benefits to Employers
- Employee skills development and discovery
- Effective investment in the community
- Staff attraction and retention
- Increased staff morale and reduced sickness leave
- Reputation and brand management
- A recent study found that 87% of employees who volunteered with their companies reported an improved perception of their employer and a massive 82% felt more committed to the organisation they worked for. (Source: BITC 2011)
Benefits to Host Organisations
- Access to new pools of volunteers
- Raised profile
- Increased partnership working
- Skills and resources of employees can help to support projects and initiatives
- Building links between the employer and the community
- Getting help with projects which may have taken a long time to complete
- Potential longer-term support from employer/volunteers
Get in touch to find out more
If you’d like an info pack with details such as cost, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0113 297 7920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org