📢 Now Open | Healthy Holidays grants
Leeds Community Foundation
Healthy Holidays is a partnership between Leeds Community Foundation and Leeds City Council, funded by the Department for Education. The fund will support Community Organisations to provide engaging and fun activities and healthy food for children from low-income families in the school holidays.
- Healthy Holidays can support:
– school age children (reception to year 11) on benefit-related free school meals (85% of attendees)
– other school age children whose families are in need (15% of attendees) young people with SEND up to age 25 You must deliver at least 4 days at Easter & Christmas and 16 days in the Summer (24 in total)
- Sessions must be at least 4 hours per day, with at least 1 hour of physical activity per day
- You must offer a hot meal (usually lunch), and should provide breakfast and healthy snacks (see notes on cold food)
- You must provide daily nutrition education to support understanding of healthy eating
- You should connect children and families to relevant local support services
- Your project should be open to and support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Projects must be good value for money
- Please read the additional information before starting your application
- We encourage applications from under-served and/or under-represented communities across all our funding opportunities
Examples of activity that can be funded
- Sport & physical activity, dance, drama, outdoor activities, games, arts and crafts, environmental activities
- Providing new experiences E.G. trips to the coast, countryside or attractions (day trips only)
- Activities that include cookery and information that:
– improves the skills and confidence of families to make affordable, healthy meals
– helps children to understand nutrition and how to achieve it in daily life
We’re hosting an online briefing event for Healthy Holidays on Tuesday 24 October at 10am.
During the event, we’ll share information about the Healthy Holidays criteria and key requirements. We’ll also cover the application and assessment process, as well as reporting. You’ll then have the chance to ask any questions you might have.
The event will be recorded, so even if you can’t make the date you can still register and you’ll be emailed the recording and slides afterwards. You can register here.
Grant Size: Up to £22,000
Duration: for Easter, Summer and Christmas school holidays in 2024
Deadline: 24/11/2023 at 12 noon
Decisions: February 2024