Energy Affordability Helpline
Voluntary Action Leeds
Third Sector Leeds
Citizens Advice now have dedicated Energy advisers working as part of a project with Newcastle Citizens Advice and Northern Powergrid to help clients in Leeds, Wakefield, Calderdale, Kirklees and the North East.
The Energy advisers can help you:
- Understand your bill or tariff;
- Maximise your income through benefits and debt advice;
- Reduce your fuel debts through negotiating with creditors and securing charitable or other assistance;
- Access increased support through the Priority Services Register, Warm Homes Discount, tariff checks, charity applications, etc;
- Resolve disputes with Energy Suppliers;
- Make a complaint to Energy Suppliers and the Energy Ombudsman; and
- Reduce future fuel costs by accessing support from Green Doctor and other appropriate services.
Contact the Energy advisers:
- Call Citizens Advice’s Energy Affordability line on 0800 448 0721
(Telephone services are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
- Send Citizens Advice a query using their online form
- Use Citizens Advice’s webchat service
- Access Citizens Advice’s online self-help guides
Please have as much information available as you can when you contact Citizens Advice about energy affordability – for example, recent fuel bills or letters from your energy providers.