Leeds Women’s Aid Launches Silent Auction to Raise Funds for New Children’s Hub
Leeds Women's Aid
Local domestic violence and abuse charity, Leeds Women’s Aid, is launching an online silent auction on the 6th November to raise funds for a new children and young people’s hub at its emergency refuge.
The hub will be a dedicated space to support children staying in the refuge and will include a designated sensory area for under five-year olds and a teenage zone. Young people will be able to access specialist one to one support, group work and play activities to help them recover from the impact of abuse and build a brighter future.
Some of the exciting items up for grabs in the auction include:
- 4x tickets in the General Director’s box for a performance by Opera North in January/February 2024
- A two-night stay at Scotland’s Stonefield castle including breakfast both days and dinner one night
- A signed men’s England Ashes Cricket Shirt
- A signed men’s Leeds United shirt
- A signed men’s Leeds Rhinos shirt
- A unique Burberry handbag
- 3x Manchester United tickets in the Salford Suite at Old Trafford
- Two sets of 4x tickets to Leeds Playhouse’s Christmas shows Oliver! and The Enormous Crocodile on the opening weeks
- A bottle of House of Commons wine signed by Rachel Reeves MP
- Four ball voucher on either The Derby or the PGA National course at The Belfry Hotel & Resort
- A signed shirt from the women’s cricket squad, the Northern Diamonds
- An internal tour of ITV Yorkshire studios plus lunch in the cast and crew canteen
Nik Peasgood, Chief Executive of Leeds Women’s Aid, said:
“Almost every adult accessing our refuge service has one or more child who has witnessed or experienced the trauma of domestic violence. We are looking forward to launching the silent auction to raise vital funds for a dedicated children and young people’s hub.
The auction will allow members of the public to purchase unique gifts for loved ones in the run up to the festive period, whilst supporting an incredibly worthwhile cause.”
The silent auction will launch at 8am on Monday 6th November and will be live until 11pm on Sunday 12th November.
To access the silent auction, visit: https://uk.givergy.com/leedswomensaid/
To learn more about the children and young people’s hub or to donate towards the project, visit: localgiving.org/appeal/LWAYoungPeoplesHub/
Leeds Women’s Aid would like to thank all the people and businesses that have donated auction items: Zurich, Broker Investment Group, Leeds United Football Club, Yorkshire County Cricket Club, England Cricket, Rachel Reeves MP, Leeds Rhinos, Burberry and ITV Yorkshire, Leeds Grand Theatres, Leeds Playhouse and Bespoke Hotels.
Follow Leeds Women’s Aid at @LeedsWomensAid on social media for auction updates.
For further information please contact Hannah Whyte at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Leeds Women’s Aid
Leeds Women’s Aid is an independent local charity. It provides a range of the very best services for vulnerable women and families who are victims and survivors of: domestic, sexual & honour-based violence and abuse. Leeds Women’s Aid’s support services include: Emergency refuge accommodation; 24/7 telephone helpline; drop-in services; healthy relationship programmes; Independent Domestic Violence Advocates (IDVAs); working with women experiencing complex needs; community development and support & interventions for children and young people.
Visit the Leeds Women’s Aid website: leedswomensaid.co.uk