Volunteer roles for young people (16-25) – Co-opted Healthwatch Leeds Board Director
Co-opted Healthwatch Leeds Board Director – young person.
‘Co-opted’ means that you wouldn’t have the legal and financial responsibilities that other board members have.
Purpose of the role:
To be part of a group that oversees and leads Healthwatch Leeds by:
- Helping to lead the organisation
- Helping to decide on our priorities
- Ensuring that we listen and learn from the experiences of children and young people.
What you will be doing:
- Attending Healthwatch Leeds Board Meetings
- Be part of the YouthWatch group which will be attended by other young volunteers from Healthwatch Leeds (optional)
- Giving a young person’s perspective on current areas of Healthwatch Leeds work and help ensure that we are always thinking ‘all age’ when thinking about health and care services.
- Help advise Healthwatch Leeds how it can be more ‘child and young people friendly’
- Prepare for meetings by reading the material that is sent to you before meetings and in between meetings.
- Comment on Healthwatch Leeds reports.
Meetings will be held mainly via Zoom
- The Board meets 8 times a year. Meetings are on weekdays and take place during office hours 9am-5pm.
- YouthWatch meets around every 6 weeks usually on a Monday or Tuesday 4.30-6.30pm.
Duration / Time Commitment:
About 6 hours/month. Board meetings are 2-3 hours long and it will take a bit of time to prepare for meetings. YouthWatch meetings are 2 hours long.
Full details of the role and commitment please view this document – Healthwatch Leeds Young person Role
PLEASE feel free to get in touch with Harriet and have a chat about the role on 01138980035 or email email@example.com for details on how to apply.