Ways you can support Children’s Air Ambulance
Children's Air Ambulance
Please support the Yorkshire-based Children’s Air Ambulance.
Children’s Air Ambulance is the UK’s only life-saving service of its kind. The charity has chosen to locate one of its two new, specially equipped, Augusta Westland 169 helicopters here in the heart of Yorkshire at Doncaster Sheffield Airport.
The Children’s Air Ambulance is a dedicated service that provides a specialist emergency medical transfer service across the country through high-speed transfers of critically ill neonates, babies and children. The bespoke helicopters are adapted with intensive care equipment on-board so advanced that they can provide intensive care in the air for critically ill babies and children, they are a flying intensive care unit. Should a child be too sick to fly then the Children’s Air Ambulance can fly a specialist team of clinicians to them and with flight times commonly over four times faster than transfer by road, time saved is a life saved.
The Children’s Air Ambulance receives no NHS or government funding. Its life-saving work is reliant upon donations and fundraising from supporters and individuals. These include small companies to large corporates, Charity of the Year nominations, Groups, Clubs and Associations.
Some of the ways you can help please:
- Donate: Either online or by donating unwanted clothes and goods.
- Charity of the Year: Nominate the Children’s Air Ambulance as your Charity of the Year.
- Volunteer: Help to raise both funds and awareness of the charity in your local community.
- Events: Organising and taking part in fundraising events, challenges, and activities.
- Shop: Shop and donate through The Children’s Air Ambulance charity shops.
For more information or to arrange a talk or visit from a member of the Yorkshire team, please call 07387 265613, email s email@example.com or visit www.childrensairambulance.org.uk