Young Women’s Emergency Fund
Grants of £150.00 are available from Getaway Girls and the Young Women’s Trust – referrals must come only from Third Sector Organisations in Leeds.
Getaway Girls has partnered with Young Women’s Trust to support the distribution of Emergency grants for young women. They are asking Third sector organisations in Leeds to refer young women to Getaway Girls on a simple form, who they know fit the criteria for the grant.
To be eligible girls must be aged 18 – 25, have her own bank account and fit 3 of the following criteria:
• In high levels of debt
• Unemployed or insecure employment and has lost income as a result of coronavirus
• Using food banks or dependent on an individual or organisation for food supplies
• Financially dependent on someone who has lost income as a result of coronavirus
• Engaged in a high level of unpaid work, for example caring for children and/or adults
• In receipt of or waiting for state benefits
• Has a no recourse to public funds status
To refer a young woman please send the form available at: https://migrationpartnership.org.uk/young-womens-emergency-fund-150-grants-from-getaway-girls-and-young-womens-trust/ to Shanaz.firstname.lastname@example.org & Kescia.email@example.com
Shanaz or Kescia will phone the young woman to complete an online form with them for the grant. (This will take 10 minutes)