Become a Voluntary Action Leeds Member
Are you a third sector organisation or a small group based in Leeds?… Become a VAL member!
It’s free to join and is open to all third sector organisations in Leeds.
VAL Membership Benefits
As well as keeping up to date with information for and about the third sector, you will also have the opportunity to be involved with VAL’s work and have a say in how VAL is run by receiving:
- Voting rights at the VAL AGM
- Invitations to two free member events per year
- Quarterly dedicated members email bulletins
VAL Membership Criteria
To become a VAL member your organisation needs to be part of the third sector – this includes social enterprises. Your group or organisation also needs to meet the following criteria:
- Be a self-governing body of people who have joined together voluntarily to take action for the benefit of the community, and not established for financial gain.
- Have an organisational constitution, ie, written down and publicly available the aims, objectives and methods of working of your organisation (this must be submitted with your application). The organisation does not have to be a registered charity.
- Affairs managed by, and/or ultimately accountable to, a group of people for no economic or similar advantage.
- Activities principally benefit people in or around Leeds.
- Have a commitment to supporting equality and diversity and will not knowingly discriminate against anybody on the basis of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Must not be undertaking and/or affiliated to party political activity.
Membership applications are approved by the VAL Board of Trustees, who meet several times during the year.
To join VAL please complete a membership form, either by using the online membership application form or by downloading, completing and returning this application form, along with relevant supporting documentation, to email@example.com.
In order for your application to be considered, we must also receive a copy of your constitution. You’ll be notified when your application has been approved.
For more information on VAL’s membership or our services, or to request a paper copy of the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 297 7920.